Your spirit guides are around you. Whether you know it or not. You might not have ever realized that you had guides. But they are there, just the same. And they are always ready for connecting with you. They are there to guide and support you in any endeavor you have.
But many people mistakenly think that it is too difficult to communicate with or hear from their guides. Here are a few tips that make it possible for you to open yourself enough to have a real, meaningful relationship with your own guiding forces.
1. Is it Spirit or your Chatty Ego-Mind? It’s time to really listen to your thoughts during the day. Are they random? Do they sound like loving support or disjointed gossip? Are your thoughts like a rerun of a rerun of a soap opera? Does your mind jump from one haphazard thought to another without you even realizing it? This is the Ego-Mind. Ego is important in our lives, but when you allow it to rule your thoughts, you lose out on some really important things: like making your own decisions in a responsible way, and being open to your guides in spirit. Ego-Mind can be unruly. Time to tame that beast and be in control of your mind, and the thoughts you choose to think.
2. Tame the beast? How? Spend the whole day tracking your thoughts. Take notes every time you have a new thought – good or bad. You will soon realize that many of your thoughts are not very high-minded. But you follow repeats of what you thought yesterday. You “catch” many thought patterns that are really just floating by you. Or your mind could be “following” the thoughts of those you hang out with.
Okay. I know you think I have gotten off the subject here, but bear with me for a minute. I am leading to something very important.
3. Sit quietly for a few minutes everyday. The connection you have with your guides is a very subtle one. So you have to clear out all the drama stuff to make a sweet space for spirit to reside. Ten minutes a day should be sufficient enough to open that channel.
4. Schedule that sweet space for the same time everyday. That helps your mind and body prepare, or get used to, being available for the connection. Spirit does not need the appointment, but you do!
5. Make a regular thing Everyday, sit at the same time. Regularity is important. It will become a habit, or regular ritual that you will cherish. Consistency is the key. You will always be ready and open at the same time every day!
6. State your intentions. As you sit quietly, talk to your guides as if you already know them. (This is usually like a conversation in your mind with yourself.) Say something like: “I am now quiet and open to receive information and connections with you, my guides.” Take the lead. Letting them know you are ready is important.
7. Take a big breath. Breathing is a key to this thing. By breathing, you release a certain amount of control. You relax. And by relaxing, you don’t expect anything, but allow something to happen.
8. Just sit quietly. Now is when you listen with your heart, not your ears. You receive with your heart, not your mind. This is not a physical thing going on. It is a spiritual thing.
9. Your guides are always there giving information and teachings. But if you are not tuned into the Spirit Connection, you will miss it. Now you are open and ready for any small thing to happen: the feeling of a feather on your nose; a color flashing in your inner vision; a song come into your mind; or a sweet fragrance breezing by. They will not be big, loud things from Spirit. They will be subtle.
Now you can work with this exercise for a few weeks. Record all the things you think you felt, saw or heard. Any small thing is just as important as a large thing.
Soon, I will share the Part 2 to this exercise. Now is the time for you to practice!