Do you see sparkles? Or, do you want to see sparkles?
Here are some exercises to help you develop these abilities.
1. Meditate. Meditation gives your spirit, mind and physical self a chance to connect. There is no right way or wrong way to perform meditation. It is only important that you are able to relax and focus your mind. When your mind starts to wander, notice it, and then re-focus. As you practice meditation on a regular basis, you will notice the existence of your own spiritual energy. It is the connection to your spiritual self that opens to intuitive abilities. By strengthening the connection to your spiritual self, you will increase of your intuitive and psychic abilities.
2. Present Moment Solitude. Steer away from distractions that keep your mind occupied. Know when you are aware of your surroundings and cherish those moments. This helps develop inner mental accuracy and focus. Appreciate a beautiful scene of nature, or the sound of natural sounds, like the chirping of birds, the crunch of footsteps in the snow, etc. These natural resonances can enhance intuition and psychic abilities.
3. Listen. The act of listening is important in increasing psychic awareness. After continuing this exercise for some time, you will begin to notice an increase in your overall awareness, which affects your level of intuition.
a. As you sit outside, especially around sunset, gaze at a distant bush, bed of flowers or tree. Soften your vision. By this, I mean while looking at an object, relax your eyes, so that you really do not see it anymore. But you are still seeing in a non-descript way. You still can see the bushes, but you do not look at it too hard. This gives your spirit a chance to show you sparkles, lights and other colors that the physical eyes do not see. These colors and things are always there, but humans do not normally look for them. They are not part of our regular world, so the conscious mind filters the vision out.
b. This can also be accomplished at night, after you turn off the bedroom lights and adjust your eyes to the dark. Lazily look around your room. Do not try to make out the shapes and figures. Just relax your eyes and only see.
4. See without Looking. Many teachers call this softening your vision.
5. Ask to See. You are constantly surrounded by loved ones who have passed away, spirit guides, angels, and other loving entities. They are always supporting you and bringing your information. They show themselves to you. Give yourself permission to see them in a spiritual vision. Ask them to show themselves to you in a way that you are able to recognize them.