Reba White has some powerful and down to earth information that can help you recognize your intuition. Her exercises are beneficial and should be explored. I know you will find some encouragement from her article.
1. Meditate. Meditation gives your spirit, mind and physical self a chance to connect. There is no right way or wrong way to perform meditation. It is only important that you are able to relax and focus your mind. When your mind starts to wander, notice it, and then re-focus. As you practice meditation on a regular basis, you will notice the existence of your own spiritual energy. It is the connection to your spiritual self that opens to intuitive abilities. By strengthening the connection to your spiritual self, you will increase of your intuitive and psychic abilities.
2. Present Moment Solitude. Steer away from distractions that keep your mind occupied. Know when you are aware of your surroundings and cherish those moments. This helps develop inner mental accuracy and focus. Appreciate a beautiful scene of nature, or the sound of natural sounds, like the chirping of birds, the crunch of footsteps in the snow, etc. These natural resonances can enhance intuition and psychic abilities.
3. Listen. The act of listening is important in increasing psychic awareness. After continuing this exercise for some time, you will begin to notice an increase in your overall awareness, which affects your level of intuition.
4. See without Looking. Many teachers call this softening your vision.
5. Ask to See. You are constantly surrounded by loved ones who have passed away, spirit guides, angels, and other loving entities. They are always supporting you and bringing your information. They show themselves to you. Give yourself permission to see them in a spiritual vision. Ask them to show themselves to you in a way that you are able to recognize them.