I had an interesting conversation the other day, via conference call, that I want to share with you. It was with a video producer I have known for several years. (His mother is a fellow author, psychic and associate of mine.) He has done many television projects (Discovery Channel and Animal Planet) and independent documentaries. He is associated with a reputable cable television production company.
Anyway, his two bosses were in the conference call too.
Basically, they are looking at the viability of producing a television series surrounding psychic kids (and their parents) in a sincere and authentic way. They realize the backlash the earlier paranormal and psychic kids type shows have gotten. And they have asked me to assist them in this initial investigation as to if it would be possible to film the families of psychic kids — without exploiting them in any way. (I really like their take on this.) And they asked me many questions about different ways to do it, and other possibilities.
Since I have mentored families of psychic children, and written Does Your Child See Sparkles? they have asked if I could contact some of my clients, mentor students, and parents of psychic kids and find out how they feel about this. Here are some possibilities, with differing levels of exposure that they are considering:
- Film the family and child while I counsel/mentor them, but filmed for television.
- Or – Interview them about any mentoring or assistance we have done, create a staged re-creation with actors, and then at the end of the segment show the family (as a way of confirming the authenticity of the situation).
- Or – Make the re-creation without the family being exposed at all.
- Or – Interview the parent, probably by phone, to get a sense of how they feel as a parent about the televised idea of their psychic children. They want to know any concerns a parent might have. (They really want to know if this is something that could be done responsibly)
- Or – Maybe there is another direction we are not seeing yet? Ideas are always welcome.
Please think about these ideas. And see if you (or if you know anyone that) may like to engage in this project. There are many families with psychic and empathic kids that are looking for help of any kind.
I know that if a reliable, caring television program could be reinforced as a teaching tool, then many people could benefit by it. We just have to understand how it can be presented in a way that provides proof of this phenomenon, without sensationalism, and also provide assistance in gaining empowerment for it.
If you or anyone you know would like to help in this project, please get me in contact with them. Let me know. Email me here: email@example.com
Thank you so much for your help and good wishes!