August 21, 2017 marks a very special day for the earth! She is being separated from the Sun for several minutes. You may think this is a mini-event in the scheme of things, but you would be incorrect.
There is a very sensitive energy field surrounding our planet. It helps us handle emotions and logic, and keeps life at a regular and constant flow. This energy field helps plants, animals, birds, fish, and humans to regulate their existence. And whenever this flow of energy is interrupted or altered in any way, that flow shifts.
If you are empathic (aware of it or not), you will be effected by this event. The actual eclipse takes over 2-3 hours to happen. And you can experience the most wonderful shifts in nature if you open to it. But if you have been paying attention the last few months, you realize that everything has been gearing up for this event: upheaval on all levels, letting go of unessential things, emotional outbursts, extreme joy, extreme pain – both physical and emotional. So this eclipse has been brewing for some time!
The Sun and Moon have always been special symbols to me and held magical powers. They represent the delicate balance between day and night. But more than that, the Sun means life to us all. And the Moon is the ability to recognize the time for rest, so the body and mind can rejuvenate. So we need both in regularity. When that regularity is interrupted, we feel the resistance. It is an uneasy sense, and could seem frightful.
But I feel the intense need for this interruption. Seems that nature is saying, “pay attention now”. Could we be too complacent in our lives? Could we be ignoring important aspects in our world? Look at the possibility that you should re-evaluate how your life is going.
1. Know the Facts Research the event. Many people from ancient times have sewn negative thoughts about the eclipse. It was a time of much fear, since nature was not responding in a normal way. Whatever was not understood was feared. Know that you have better information now. This is a logical event that falls in the realm of progress through the universe. We have better ways of understanding it, and know it is not the end of the world.
2. Gather Energy You can gather a large amount of positive energy during the eclipse. It brings the best of yin/yang (feminine/masculine) aspects. So it will help balance your personal energy and perspective. To do this, simply breathe with intention.
3. Experience the Full Eclipse Be open to the full effects of the eclipse. Find a place out in nature – such as an open field, clearing space in a wooded area, public park, or even your backyard that you can sit on the ground. Plan this ahead of time so you have everything needed. (solar glasses, water, snacks, etc.) Use a meditation known as Mindfulness (or Present Moment Awareness). You can keep your eyes open or closed, but only be aware of what is happening at the moment. You will be surprised at the way things change around you – shadows, sounds, breezes, etc. This is the full experience!
4. Be Open Instead of trying to hide and shield your energy, do the reverse. Open all subtle bodies (connected to the chakras) to feel and sense everything the animals are feeling, and be aware of the changes that the oncoming darkness brings. Have prepared affirmations to benefit your experience. Here are some I will be using:
a. I am willing to feel all of nature during the eclipse today.
b. I send love to all living things.
c. I accept the possibility of change in my life.
d. I know I am continually safe during this experience of awareness.
5. Alone or With Friends? Decide ahead of time if you want to be alone during this experience, or share it with family and friends. Either one is great, according to what you want to do. It will also depend on how your friends and family will respond to the eclipse. Are they just out for a fun, good time? Or do you think they will share in your wish to experience it?
6. Eclipse Glasses Be sure to bring your eclipse glasses. And make sure they are approved and certified as safe to use for this purpose. Check out this information by USA Today.
7. Watch the Sun or Things Around You? This eclipse is a very rare event, so you really should see the full eclipse! It will be awesome, and I can’t wait to see it! But do you think you want to watch the whole thing? It probably will last for 2-3 hours before the full cover and after. So plan to use much of this time just being present and aware. You can look up at the Sun (be sure you have the glasses on! each time you peek) from time to time. And the rest of the time just pay attention to things around you.
This Solar Eclipse is a great time to use your empathic abilities to their full extent! Don’t try to hide yourself, but embrace the ability you have. This chance may never come again. And you will gain better control of your abilities.
Please comment in the space below with your experiences. I would love to know what happens for you!
Peace! Melissa Leath http://www.MelissaLeath.com